When the unthinkable happens, don't give into panic.
10 tips to find your lost dog.
1. Realize that time is of the essence. Mobilize immediately.
2. Search your entire house. Crinkle treat bags, call your pet by name. If they are hiding they will come out
3. Dog tend to move in circles. Start with your immediate neighbors. Show them a picture of the missing dog and enlarge the circle block by block. Check bushes, porches and shrubs, sheds and garages because some pets get locked in accidentally.
4. Call your animal control agencies, private and municipal shelters and all rescue groups within a 30 mile radius of your home and yes, call your police department as well.
5. Make a flyer which you should hand out at vets offices, pet stores, groomers, dog park and dog runs, supermarkets, rescue groups, etc.
6.Post it on line. Start with:
Twitter,Facebook, all the geographically close dog blogs, time to network!
7. Daily visits to the local shelters because your description might not match your injured pet.
8. If your pet is microchipped, contact your microchip company.
9. Walk around your neighborhood, keep on walking in that circular path, keep asking neighbors to keep an eye out.
10. Don't give up.
For more tips go to:
Mh. I should be looking into how one tags a momma.... Where is she anyway? Oh...at her groomer. 'bout time. She was looking rather...
Skizzy. Yes it's a new word. I invented it. You can use it.