Shopping trips do not fulfill TASTY Tuesday.
What insanity is this???
You bet I am resentful!
What?? OHHH Ok. It's MEATBALL day
That's what she was doing!!
lamb + oats
pork and veggies
Turkey and zucchini and carrots
You need one of these. I would prefer she used the BIG one, but cheapo sticks to the small one...
Cheap cheap cheap.... Do you hear birds chirping???
- You need a big bowl, clean hands, a baking tray that has been sprayed and the this is the basic formula from which you can "rif"
- 2 slices fresh bread, torn into small cubes or 1/2 cup of flaked oatmeal or 1/2 cup bulgar wheat, or a half a cup of rice or a 1/2 cup of panko.
* 1/2 cup buttermilk or 6 tablespoons plain yogurt thinned with 2 tablespoons sweet milk
* 3/4 pound ground beef chuck (or 1 pound if omitting ground pork below or one pound of turkey or one pound of lamb)
* 1/4 pound ground pork (to be mixed with ground chuck)
* 1/4 cup grated Reggiano cheese
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
* 1 large egg yolk [we have been using organic turkey eggs, Thank you Mr Myke!!!!]
* 1 small clove garlic , minced (1 teaspoon)
* 3/4 teaspoon table salt
* Ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded zucchini, and or carrots, and or ground mixed veggies. [squeeze out the water!]
Mix it all up, shape the meatballs lightly , the more you compact them, the harder they are.
Momma, cheats. When she makes these, she "reserves" some for herself... Now, you can put ithem on a tray and bake them at 350 for about 12-15 minutes, or freeze them on the tray until hard, then transfer them to a ziplock and use them as you need them. You can poach them, fry them, bake them, and some people have nuked them... They are delish... Whatever woman... blah blah blah... portion control.
Can I have some mint sauce for my lamb meatballs???? Please?
How about some grainy mustard for my pork meatballs?
Why? Why only one???
I have to go deal with this travesty.