This post is for all my readers on four legs. If you have two legs, please, entertain yourself reading other posts on this blog.
Hugging. This is an underrated but very very effective way to get your two legged to bond with you. Yes. I know, it is NOT OUR way, There is no butt sniffing involved, but then, if your nose worked as poorly as theirs does, butt sniffing would lose all its charms. So, you have to make lemonade out of lemons. Work with what you have.
I learned very quickly and very early on that hugging my hoooomans [no I have no real idea as to how many oooos go in hooooomans... I just throw enough in there- sound it out HOOOOOOOOOmans, looks right to me] anyway, hugging evoked the kind of reaction that I wanted. Here is what happens:
1. They can't stop themselves from hugging back and that feels good. Don't get freaked out . At first it feels as if they are confining you or restricting you, but relax, go with the flow, it really does feel good.
2. They get all melty and sweet and they engage in delightful rubs and soft talking with lots of lovey dovey words.
3. See how I turn my face and offer the cheek? They LOVE that! I have no idea why. I think it reminds them of the time when they were
4. Please note where the paws go. One at either side of the face.
5. I swear you can feel the heartbeat of your hooooman slow down and you can feel them respond.
6. the other hoomans in the house who witness this, go nuts. They all want HUGS. Just pay attention to the one you are hugging, If you picked up on your cues correctly, you are hugging the one who needs that the most and who is the most likely to bestow chewies and love upon you. The others... will have to "earn" your hugs. Hoomans are big believers in reward systems/ Sort of arrested development on their evolutionary scale. Sad really. The idea of an unconditional act of love scares the poop out of them. It takes patience to deal with them! They are such emotionally unstable beings. Full of insecurities. Thumbs apparently do not give you emotional stability.
7. This is crucial. Ending the hug has to be their idea. Unless you are dealing with my momma. Needy could stay in a hug position for a life in being +21 years. With her type, you have to start licking the nose if you want the "never-ending" hug to end. Know what I mean?
8. Post hug, do not walk away.
9. Look up at them and throw in the Disney eyes. You know...Big, wide, wistful...
10. Just wait at their feet. Quietly. I promise thee will be a pay off.
Try this. HUG.
Thank you guys for HOSTING!